WHO ALL ARE THE IDEAL CANDIDATES FOR TATTOO REMOVAL?
1. Cosmetic: The tattoo design may later on be disliked or it's anatomical placement may be wrong or for removal of mismatch in colour during vitiligo surgery etc.
2. Medical: Hypersensitivity to tattoo pigment
4. Change or advancement in job
WHAT IS A TATTOO PRE-REMOVAL COUNSELLING? Before opting for tattoo removal treatment, the doctors conduct a pre-removal counselling for the patients in order to explain the following points:
1) Q- switched Nd YAG Laser treatment comes with its pros and cons
2) Possibility of post-laser scarring (superficial/deep/keloidal) and pigmentary changes.
3) Complete removal of tattoo pigment may not be possible in one sitting. So, the doctor pre-indicates the necessity of multiple sittings in order to clear all lesions completely.
4) The doctor also discusses about the cost of laser tattoo removal in Chandigarh with the patient, which depends on several parameters like the size of the tattoo or the age of the tattoo etc.
HOW DOES Q-Switched LASER WORK?
Being the best laser tattoo removal clinic in Chandigarh, we are known for using the best laser technology for tattoo removal. In Q-switched laser treatment, we use high energies with ultra short pulses in nanosecond range (QS). They work on the specific laser wavelength, which is preferentially absorbed by the particular dark pigment particles (black, red, green etc.). The pigment particle are then blasted free from the tissue macrophages due to thermal, mechanical and photoaccoustic effects of the absorbed energy. Most of the shattered particle are then either removed by a local lymphatic drainage system or get extruded out via epidermis. Remaining few fragmented particles get relocated in macrophages but are barely visible.
- Topical anesthesia (PRILOX CREAM) - optional
- Laser safety measures
- Set the laser parameters. Fluence is adjusted to produce uniform tissue whitening with minimal or no bleeding and epidermal splattering.
- The laser hand piece is moved by aligning it with the design pattern of the tattoo so as to operate the complete tattoo area.
- Anti-inflammatory drugs
- Steroids ointment
- Sun protection for 2-3 weeks>
WHAT IS THE SEQUELAE OF LASER TREATMENT?
- Tissue whitening goes away in 20-30 minutes.
- This is followed by erythema, oedema, vesiculation and epithelialization.
- Repeat laser sitting every 4 week till complete/near complete clearance is obtained (4-10 sittings & average 6 sittings).
WHAT ARE THE SIDE-EFFECTS?
- Slight Pain
- Hyperpigmentation (rarely)
- Keloid Formation
1) Minimum or no side-effects
2) No scarring
3) Faster healing period