Thread lift treatment in Chandigarh involves implantation of bio-absorbable PDO thread of various thickness and length, preloaded onto the needle of corresponding thickness and length, into the skin either intradermally or hypo-dermally to induce neocollagenesis through inflammatory reaction so as to cause rejuvenation, tightening and upliftment of sagging skin and soft tissues.
CLASSIFICATION OF THREADS:
1. Depending on the type of absorption of the threads
a. Non-absorbable: Gold, Platinum
1. Absorbable over long (prolonged) duration: Polyurethane, polyamide
2. Absorbable over medium (3-8 months): Poly-L-Lactic Acid (PLLA), PGA and PDO
2. Depending on the structure of the threads:
3. Depending on various other properties:
a. Plain or with knots, notching, barbs on the surface
b. Shape: Straight, spiral etc.
c. Thickness: Varying from 7-0 to 1-0
Mechanism of action:
1. Multiple needle passage injuries (needle tracts) in the target area induce multiple dermal wounds. This is followed by wound healing response consisting of inflammation, proliferation, and maturation mediated through release of various growth factors, cytokines, and activated fibroblasts. This results in formation of new collagen and elastin along with extracellular matrix (glycosaminoglycan). This reparative process is followed by prolonged re-modelling phase.
2. The implanted thread undergoes biodegradation consisting of hydrolysis, fragmentation, absorption and excretion. The intact thread and its fragments act as foreign bodies and induce low-grade inflammatory response over a prolonged tome leading to neocollagenesis.
3. Increase the microcirculation and lymphatic drainage in the area.
4. The cogs on the thread get hooked and adhered to the tissue providing a firm grip.
5. Threads that are thick, spiral, or twin, increase the surface area and provide increased tissue reaction and higher collagen synthesis.
1. Rejuvenation of skin
a. Textural changes: Smoothening & brightening.
b. Tightening with reduction in pores and wrinkles.
2. Lifting of sagging skin with improved contouring
3. Wrinkle reduction: Face, Neck & Hands.
4. Volume reduction: Double chin & Cellulite.
1. Skin rejuvenation
a. Improving texture and tone
b. Lifting of drooping saggy skin of face & neck.
c. Tightening of skin with reduction in face pores
2. Wrinkles, folds, and grooves: Forehead, Glabella, Lower Eyelids, Crow’s feet, Perioral, Nasolabial, Marionette, Chin, Neck, Décolleté area, and Hands.
3. Lifting, firming, contouring, and reshaping: Full Face, Breasts, Abdomen, Hip, Upper Arms, Legs, etc.
4. Volume reduction (small amount) of fat and decreasing fat displacement: Cheeks, Submandibular area, Obesity, and Cellulite
5. Stretch Marks
6. Pores: Reduction in size through tightening
- Presence of non-absorbable implant (silicone) in the zone of treatment area
- Keloidal tendency
- Blood dyscrasias with bleeding tendency
- Autoimmune diseases
- Body dysmorphias
- Uncontrolled diabetes
- Active infection and inflammation in the treatment area
- Most importantly, patient with unrealistic expectations.
Pre procedure work: 1. Examination and assessment of the area to be treated.
2. Patient information and counselling about details of the procedure, expected results, side effects and complications, number of sittings required, cost of thread lift in Chandigarh etc.
3. Laboratory investigations: CBC, Blood Sugar (fasting and postprandial), ELISA for HIV, Hepatitis B and C.
4. Photo documentation for records.
5. Withdrawal of aspirin, NSAIDs etc. 5-7 days prior to the procedure.
6. Prophylactic cover: Broad spectrum antibiotics. Use of anti-inflammatory agents pre and post-operatively must be avoided as thread induces inflammatory reaction, which is a mainstay of the treatment.
7. Topical anaesthesia 11/2-2 hour befoe procedure.
1. Written informed consent
2. Removal of topical anesthetic
3. Surgical preparation of part to be treated
4. Marking should be in upright sitting position after 5 minutes of waiting period and the indication should be marked.
5. Patient should then be put in supine position and the marked area should be isolated.
6. If the procedure is carried out on the face, then the hair should be pulled back and tucked using a sterile head cap.
Stabilize the skin with non-operating hand and holding the loaded needle by its hub in the right index finger and thumb, pierce the skin at one end of the marked vector keeping an angle of 30 with the skin surface.
1. Do not wash or massage the treated area for 4-5 hours.
2. Apply ice pack 3-4 times a day, for a couple of days.
3. Restrict vigorous cleaning of the treated area for 1-2 days.
4. Do not massage the treated area for 2 weeks especially with a cloth after cleansing.
5. Restrict vigorous and excessive movements of the treated area for 1-2 days (wide opening of the mouth, excessive talking, laughing, brisk brushing, etc.) shall be avoided.
6. Apply topical antibacterial cream over the puncture point and the treated area for the next 5 days as suggested by the doctor.
7. Oral broad spectrum antibiotic.
8. Strictly avoid anti-inflammatory drugs.
9. Avoid any heat producing treatments like radio frequency or lasers for the treated area at least for the next 3 months.
Schedule:Contour thread lift in Chandigarh or thread lift treatment is an add-on treatment and can be clubbed with other body contouring treatments for achieving optimum results. Effects of the procedure lasts for a minimum of 12 months. Can be repeated every 2-3 months till optimum results are achieved and then once in 6 months to 1 year to maintain the effects achieved.
WHAT TO EXPECT AFTER THE PROCEDURE:
Immediate feeling of mild stiffness and tightness with variable low-grade pain for few hours. Side Effects and Complications:
Side effects of a thread lift treatment include erythema, edema, bleeding, small hematoma or a tingling numbness with intermittent pain.
1. Simple cost effective office procedure
2. Major invasive surgery like surgical face lift can be avoided
3. Minimally invasive with minimal downtime
4. Minimal or no side effects and complications with no scars
5. Excellent long–lasting aesthetic results
6. Can be combined with chemical peeling, PRP, stem cell therapy, RF skin tightening or other body contouring treatments for enhancing the results. But all heat or energy based procedures should be carried out minimum 2 weeks prior to a thread procedure.