Chemical peeling is a common dermatosurgical procedure performed without a surgical instrument.
Chemical peel treatment in Chandigarh or chemoexfoliation is an application of one or more chemical agents to the skin resulting in dry desquamation or moist maceration followed by its exfoliation and subsequent resurfacing of epidermis along with remodelling of collagen and elastin and the deposition of glycosaminoglycans during the repair process in the dermis.
Preparing the skin for a chemical peel treatment is important. This can be achieved with the use of certain topical drugs at least 2 weeks prior to the planned day of peel.
2. Sun Protection
- Sun restriction with minimum sun exposure.
- Use of hat, cap, scarf, umbrella, etc.
- Sunscreens- Broad spectrum blocking both ultraviolet A(UVA) and ultraviolet B (UVA).
Patients are advised to follow the above instruction for at least 10-15 days prior to the peel. Cost of chemical peel in Chandigarh is also discussed as part of the pre-procedure plan.
- Gentle pre peel cleansing
- The patient is instructed to keep the eyes tightly shut throughout the procedure (i.e. right from preparation), to avoid accidental spillage or overflow of the peel into the eyes.
- Peel is applied with smooth strokes sequentially.
- Wipe the peel off the eyelids and patient is asked to open eyes.
- Patient then splashes water on full face and pats the face dry.
4. Post-peel: At home:
- Use of a very mild soap on the face.
- Our dermatologist prescribes customised creams and serums to enhance the results and improve final outcome of the peel.
- Sunscreens - Broad spectrum blocking both ultraviolet A(UVA) and ultraviolet B (UVA).
SIDE EFFECTS: Slight redness, swelling and burning sensation, which subsides in usually few minutes to 24 hours.
- No set rule, no limit to number of light peels
- Once in 3 weeks, for 4 to 6 months
- Maintenance as and when required