CLINICAL PICTURE : can present with persistent redness, acne-like breakouts , visible blood vessels on the face and dry irritated eyes.
* Alcohol and smoking can worsen rosacea
* Avoid standing or sitting near a fireplace or stove
* Avoid rubbing, scratching and topical steroid creams
* Avoid spicy food, soft drinks and sudden change of temperature
1. Topical antibiotic creams, moisturisers, and Red relief concentrates specially meant for rosacea-affected skin
2. Sunscreens with SPF Above 50
3. Oral Antibiotics and retinoids
4. Light therapy /IPL is a preferred option for redness, flushing
and dilated blood vessels of rosacea
5. Lasers: The CO2 laser can be used to remove the thickened skin on the nose and cheeks called rhinophyma.
With or without treatment, rosacea is unpredictable. People may have rosacea for years. At Dr. Ashima Goel’s Parisa Skin Cosmetic & Laser Centre, the rosacea patients are treated with the HOLISTIC APPROACH which is a combination of topical creams, oral medications as well as procedural treatment (if required).