WHAT IS AN IDEAL DERMAL FILLER?
A safe and effective dermal filler treatment must possess the following features:
1) Easy to obtain, inject and store
2) Non-antigenic and non-inflammatory
3) Long- lasting but biodegradable
4) Natural looking and not too expensive
5) Non-migratory and stable
6) Non-toxic, non-carcinogenic
7) No risk of inducing allergic/hypersensitive reaction
8) It must produce pleasing cosmetic results
9) Minimal side effects
WHO CAN GET A DERMAL FILLER TREATMENT DONE?
Patients with the following indications can opt for cosmetic dermal filler treatments in Chandigarh:
1) Depressed scars
a) Post surgical.
c) Resulting from acne or other diseases.
2) Wrinkles and creases caused by facial movements and ageing
3) Lip sculpting
4) Dermal atrophy from disease or injection of steroids
5) Under-eye dark circles and sunken eyes
WHO SHOULD AVOID A DERMAL FILLER TREATMENT?
1) Patients with autoimmune diseases
2) Patients with hypersensitivity to products
3) Patients with history of serious anaphylactic reaction in the past
4) Patients with active local disease like acne
5) Patients with keloidal tendency
6) Patients having unrealistic expectations.
WHAT ALL CONDITIONS REQUIRE CAUTION DURING FILLER TREATMENT?
1) History of facial herpes simplex
2) History of atopy
3) History of bleeding disorder or use of anticoagulants
4) Current or long term use of immunosuppressive therapy
WHICH ARE COMMONLY USED DERMAL FILLERS?
Bovine collagen, hyaluronic acid derivative implant and human derived collagen are the most popular implant material used today. Out of all, Hyaluronic Acid (HA) derivative is the most-widely used dermal filler at present in India.
HOW DO WE PREPARE A PATIENT FOR A DERMAL FILLER TREATMENT?
1) Avoidance of aspirin, NSAID's, anticoagulants, vitamin E and green tea for 7-10 days prior to the treatment to reduce chances of bruising.
2) Counselling with regards to making the patient feel comfortable about the treatment. Discussions intended to calm him/her down, information about the choice of fillers, expectations and product limitation are essential. The cost of getting a dermal filler treatment done in Chandigarh is also talked about during counselling.
3) Photographic documentation.
4) Written informed consent.
5) Removal of make-up from treatment site.